Monday, February 8, 2010

My reflection about the digital tools of qualitative research.

I think this class is very useful for graduate students; who may or may not conduct the qualitative research. They will learn lots of useful software that they can apply to collect or organize the articles or data. I really love Zotero. As I mentioned in my other blogs, this is very useful tool for collecting and organizing articles. I also recommend this software to my friends. This class provides lots of software that will help doing qualitative research, especially Audacity, MovieMaker,Transana, and ExpressScribe. I plan to use all these programs in my research.
My research will focus on the area of how inclusion program have been implement in the main stream classroom. I will conduct the research using qualitative research method. I plan to collect my data using the digital voice recorders and video recorders. The software that I learn from this class will be useful for my research. Only one recommendation for this class is about the time. I think if we have more time to practice using all these software and tool in the real situation. Later bringing back the question to share and discuss, we will gain more direct experience.
Finally, I really enjoy the instructor, Laurie. She is really helpful and tries to find the solution for the problems which we bring to the class. She also shared her experiences, software and website that are very useful. Thank you so much so much for everything Laurie.

No comments:

Post a Comment